Setting up a Showing
- We schedule showings Monday-Friday, 10am – 5pm (weekends by special request only)
- When calling or emailing to schedule an appointment, please allow for adequate notice to our current tenants (we try to give 24hr notice).
- Please wait for agent outside building or house. Do not knock on door; agent will accompany you into the property.
- If you intend to take measurements, photos, notes, or you have multiple roommates please have all necessary items and people (roommates, family members, spouses, etc.) with you to avoid unnecessary additional showings. Excessive showings inconvenience our current tenants so please keep them in mind.
- If for any reason you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please call the office (919-968-7226) at least 30 minutes prior to the showing time.
- If you are running late, please notify the office. We will only wait 15 minutes beyond the start of the showing unless we hear from you and if schedule permits the delay.
- If you would like to reserve the property that you have seen, please bring a check (we will NOT accept cash or a money order) for $100 with you to the showing or bring it by the office. The reservation fee will hold the property for 5 business days to allow you to complete the application, pay the application fee, collect and provide proof of income (or have a parent apply as a guarantor), pay the deposit and sign the lease. If you sign within a week, the reservation fee will be refunded.
- Applications can be found on our website. Please find the listing for the property you would like to apply for and click the “Apply Now” button.
- All prospective tenants must pay a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- All students are required to provide proof of income (scholarship, financial aid, grants, loans, etc) OR have a parent fill out an application as a guarantor.
- All professionals go through our standard procedure of a background check and credit check. They must provide past rental history and provide employment verification.
- All tenants are required to pay a security deposit equal to one month’s rent. This must be paid in ONE check or money order. The security deposit must be paid at the lease signing.
- For 2br and 3br properties, adding additional tenants (total occupants may not exceed 4) will result in a $150 charge per month per additional occupant. Some restrictions may apply.
Mill House lists rentals in three different categories to better assist you with your housing needs. Review the descriptions below to decide which category is perfect for you!
Available Rentals provides an up to date list of the properties that are currently available to rent or pre-lease. Each listing provides information on the property including price, size, features/restrictions, and date of availability.
Mill House Pro offers houses and condos that appeal to graduate students, professionals and families. These homes and condos are top quality properties in some of the most desirable areas in Chapel Hill and Carrboro. These selections are within five miles of downtown and easily accessible to shopping, restaurants and theaters.
Mill House Varsity offers houses and condos that appeal to undergraduate students or those on a budget. These homes and condos are quality properties and most are within a mile of the downtown Chapel Hill area. Many of these selections are within blocks of Franklin Street and an easy walk or bike ride to campus or on a bus line